Concrete is the most common material used for home and business structures. It is often used due to its durability and longevity. But unlike other materials, it may also show some signs of wear and tear. The common signs include stains, cracks, potholes, or simply dull-looking slab.
If you have been observing these signs on your concrete spaces, it is about time to restore its beauty. Concrete Floors Houston has listed the three concrete flooring treatments for your concrete spaces.
- Stained Concrete
Stained concrete is a customizable design option that can be applied for both indoor and outdoor concrete spaces. Though staining can be a DIY project, it is still best to seek professional contractors because staining requires techniques that can only be done by a professional. Choosing to hire a contractor with years of experience and qualified knowledge will ensure the best results for your home or business concrete spaces.
There two options you can choose from when it comes to acid staining, you can either choose:
- Acid Based
It is a chemical solution used over existing concrete to create a unique design on the floor. The acid naturally reacts with the mineral content of the slab resulting in incredible flooring design finishes. With acid-based stains, there is no identical patterns and design, and a variety of color options are also available.
This type of concrete staining material is topically applied on a concrete slab. Water-based stains are also available in different color options, which provide consistent and vibrant finishes.
2. Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is another option available for different flooring treatments; this is best applied to spaces such as patios, porches, pool decks, sidewalks, and driveways. Many property owners choose stamped concrete because of the following benefits:
- Wide range of color, patterns, and design options to choose from
- Aesthetically pleasing finishes
- Can be applied for indoor spaces such as basements, entryways, kitchen
- Mimics natural stone finishes such as brick, slate, flagstone, and cobblestone
- Provides slip-resistance flooring features
- Easy to clean and maintain
3. Epoxy Coating
Epoxy is a durable coating material that is often used for garage flooring and other types of residential and commercial surfaces. The material can endure abuse and any kind of impact. If you want to know more about this type of flooring treatment options, here’s a more detailed list about epoxy coating:
- Epoxy coating is applied over an existing concrete flooring
- It can be applied with multiple color options and different kinds of chips for a more appealing look
- Effectively fill and seals gaps and cracks
- One of the most economical options that last long
- Resistant to abrasions, impacts, chemical spills, heavy foot traffic, and tire treads
- Can be applied over residential, commercial, and industrial spaces
- Requires minimal cleaning and maintenance