There are many huge costs involved in moving house in San Francisco, which can make things difficult for those on a budget. As most people know, moving house can be stressful at the best of times. However, when you have this added financial pressure, it becomes even more of a worry. Fortunately, there are some methods that you can use to help cut the cost of your move. This will enable you to enjoy greater peace of mind and less stress during this challenging time.
How to reduce the costs involved
There are a number of ways in which you can reduce the costs involved in moving home. You need to make sure you plan well ahead, as this will play a key part in helping you to save money. So, let’s take a look at the various money saving methods you can use:
- Find an affordable but reliable moving company: Moving companies that are both reliable and affordable get booked up quickly. You should therefore make your booking well in advance to avoid disappointment. Compare costs and check reviews to ensure you use a reputable removals firm. You can then benefit from lower prices without compromising on service.
- Move some items yourself: Moving companies will base their charges on the amount of stuff you have to move amongst other things. Therefore, if you can move some of the items yourself, you can reduce the cost. Take as much as you realistically can in your own vehicle, leaving the larger items for the removals service. If you have items that you do not use or need to take yet, you can find cheap self storage in San Francisco and keep it there for a while.
- Do your own packing: Many removal companies offer packing services as well as removals. However, this can bump up the cost significantly. Therefore, make sure you put time aside to do your own packing. Also, get the items you need for packing, such as boxes and bubble wrap, from a low cost retailer, as you will pay more through the removals company.
- Move on a weekday: Whilst not always the case, many removal companies charge extra if you want to move on the weekend. So, if you can try and get a day off so that the removals can be done in the week. You can unpack at the weekend in your own time but try and get the move organized Monday to Friday.
- Don’t ditch your food: Many people end up wasting a huge amount of food by ditching it when they move. However, this is just a waste of money and food. Instead, see if a friend or relation can keep it in their fridge or freezer for you so that you can reclaim it after the move. If not, donate it to a shelter or charity, as they can make good use of it.
When you reduce the cost of moving, you can also reduce the level of stress that is involved.